Applications will undoubtedly be available through the end of June for British and EU students domiciled in England and Wales that will be commencing a Masters course within the 2020-2021 scholastic 12 months.
Great britain Government provides Postgraduate Loans for Masters pupils by way of a scheme administered by scholar Finance England.
- A share towards the costs of study, in other words. It will be at the student’s discernment to utilize the mortgage towards costs, upkeep expenses or any other expenses
- Non-means tested
- Paid straight to the pupil
- You need to be a UK or EU national, or have settled status, so are there no limitations on how long you are able to remain
- You need to generally reside in England and did not go right right here merely to learn
- You shall have resided into the UK, the Channel Islands or even the Isle of guy for three years before beginning your program
- You mustn’t qualify for an NHS bursary
- You must certainly not be finding a Social Work Bursary (unless you simply obtain a positioning Allowance)
- You have received or will get Research Council financing (as an example, studentships, stipends, scholarships and tuition cost support)
- You mustn’t curently have a Master’s degree, or certification that is comparable or maybe more
- You need to be under 60 from the day that is very first of first scholastic 12 months of the program
More information, including detailed eligibility criteria, can be acquired on
Northern Ireland and Scotland also provide financing for postgraduate courses for brand new pupils from August 2017.
Pupils domiciled in Northern Ireland who wants to make an application for a SFNI funded Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan be sure to e-mail pupil. Loans admin. Cam.ac.uk together with your title that is full and title for the course you’ve been provided a spot at Cambridge. We will then request this course through to the SLC system and can explain how to locate it whenever publishing the application.
Pupils domiciled in Scotland who wants to make an application for a SAAS funded Postgraduate Loan be sure to email pupil. Loans admin. Cam.ac.uk along with your name that is full and title for the course you’ve been offered a location at Cambridge. We then will likely then arrange when it comes to program become arranged regarding the SLC system and can explain where to find it whenever submitting the job.
Other helpful links:
Please reference the links given to information on Postgraduate Masters Loans, and when you have got any extra questions please email: student. Loans admin. Cam.ac.uk
PLEASE BE AWARE:
Usually the one 12 months in your free time course that is PGCE-MEd which follows on through the PGCE and contributes to a Masters of Education, JUST ISN’T entitled to the Postgraduate Loan if you’re a pupil domiciled in England or Wales. The reason being it really is a top up course instead of a complete masters and is excluded by SLC eligibility criteria. To get more information, please see web web page 2 of the guidance document right right here
ESSENTIAL GUIDANCE FOR COMPLETING THE PG MASTERS APPLICATION FOR THE LOAN:
You follow these steps when completing your PGL online application if you received an offer to study a postgraduate masters course at the University of Cambridge, and wish to apply for a postgraduate loan, please make sure:
- Whenever asked “Where will you be studying? ” seek out ‘Cambridge’;
- Through the list returned, pick ‘University of Cambridge’ NOT e.g. ‘Darwin College – University of Cambridge’ even though you curently have university membership;
- When expected “What course will you learn? ” search for the program title ( e.g. Biological Sciences) – you need to use the true title of this program as specified in your offer page;
- When you have recently been offered university account, please find the course choice aided by the university title close to it. ( e.g. Biological Science 1 year 8 October 2019 Churchill College)
- Unless you yet have college membership, please choose the program choice which states ‘University of Cambridge – College not yet known’. This may permit you to advance along with your application.
- When you yourself have chosen the program choice ‘University of Cambridge – university maybe not yet understood please upgrade your application with all the proper university when possilbe after your university account happens to be verified and ahead of the begin of your program
- If the application has to be updated with any modification of circumstances please result in the updates ahead of the beginning of the program